About the author
Solomon – Shlomi Bitton – multidisciplinary creator and performer.
Dance, theater, music and sound, original songs, and more.
A movement researcher, teacher and trainer, leads the ‘Generator of Change’ project.
Currently, in the reality of changes in 2020: concentrates on marketing individual and group training, accompanying creative processes, workshops and repertoire training programs. Accompanying a director and actors in a new play part of the third-year theater studies at the Kibbutzim college of education. Practices healing techniques. Currently working on two new works with the support of the Ministry of Culture – the first: A solo performance for an actor-dancer-singer (“Hit by Lightning”) that deals with awakening and change. The second: a female group work for 6 dancers and a singer (“Running – a place to be”). The work deals with healing and female empowerment.
Details of the training and creative programs offered in Tel Aviv and throughout the country:
- Diverse modern technique lessons, from Shlomi’s original movement repertoire (combined with building a unique acrobatic dance strength inspired by his work with the Ido Portal group, the Fighting Monkey, as well as floor and release work).
- Improvisation Classes and workshops and individual and group creativity development (also suitable for theater students and artists from various fields).
- Staging and choreographing dance / theatrical numbers (‘short works’) based mostly on Shlomi’s original songs and music.
- Training and creation groups for adults or youth – without previous experience, as specified in the Generator of Change project: https://goo.gl/forms/h6ryRPkhhkM60Ilj1.
- Private lessons / auditions preparation / building solos / personal training (fitness) / accompanying personal processes / accompanying artists from various fields – creative and logistical.
- A unique hip-hop class for adults – “Hip and Hop – Groove for Adults”.
- “Running – a Place to Be” workshop – a unique workshop with the team of women (dancers) that appear in our latest work. Designed for studios and dance programs.
- “Hit by Lightning” workshop – a unique workshop with the writing and directing team of the solo show – through the three monologues that assembles it. Designed for studios, theater programs, and acting schools.
- Annual preparatory course (advanced training) designed for dancers / actors – based around one or more of Shlomi’s repertoire works.
For more details and reservations: 0528325575
- Private Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Shlomi.Bitton.and.Company
- Business Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Shlomi.Bitton.Art/
- Examples of workshops and classes will be updated on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/moves_by_shlomi_bitton/
- Past works on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL779D57161231DD34
Born in Acco, Graduate of Acco Theater Training Programs, first dance and creative steps in the studio and under the direction of Orly Chaya Hoffman (Motzkin), graduate from the dance workshop (Hasadna) at Kibbutz Ga’aton, and the protégé of Mrs. Yehudit Arnon, winner of the Israel Prize and founder of the Kibbutzim Dance Company. Since, an independent choreographer.
Founders of the Dance Incubator at the Acco Theater Center.
As a dancer, Shlomi collaborated with artists such as Ido Tadmor, Yossi Jungman, Emanuel Gat, Yasmeen Godder, Tal Beit Halachmi (France), Roi Assaf and more.
As a choreographer, he has created over 45 original works for festivals, companies and cultural centers, locally and internationally.
Received a dozen 1st place international awards for choreography, including Shades in Dance (2001), the Hassia Levy-Agron Choreography Competition (2001), twice the Ministry of Culture awards in Israel (2002, 2004) as well as 1st place prizes in competitions in Germany (2004, 2005), Spain (2005, 2008) and Japan (2006). In 2013, he won the Ehud Manor Prize (EMI). In 2004, Shlomi won a creating scholarship given to finalists in the prestigious Rolex (Switzerland) program: The Rolex Mentor and Protege Arts Initiative.
His works in Israel have been supported by the America-Israel Cultural Foundation, Yehoshua Rabinovich Foundation, Bistritzky Foundation, the Lottery Art Council (Mifal HaPayis), the Ministry of Culture, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as well as by other prestigious international cultural bodies.
Between the years 2008-2012 he lived and worked in Spain. Most of his activities today take place in Tel Aviv, as part of the Choreographers’ Association, and are supported annually by the dance section of the Ministry of Culture.
Guest facilitator in leading educational programs in Israel and internationally (schools, academies, universities, dance studios, training workshops).
Coach and personal mentor for creators from various fields (theater, music, plastic arts, etc.).
Founder of training and creative groups for inexperienced audiences of various ages, and conducts repertoire workshops, teaching his unique dance language for dancers (accompanied by original music and songs) – all under the title Generator of Change. Link to details: https://goo.gl/forms/h6ryRPkhhkM60Ilj1.
In his works and teaching, there is an emphasis on combining the arts, exploring rituals and the human psyche, including ways of development and healing, individually and collectively.
Thank you for stopping and sharing